Friday - afternoon: "Grampians Extreme" Loop ride This ride is only 80km (full tank please) but leads to the most breath-taking view points and roads of the northern Grampians. It is as good as it gets without leaving tarmac sealed roads. Twisty roads and steep inclines are part of the menu - recommended for confident riders. This is a fully guided group ride with corner markers and re-grouping points.
- evening: Social meet at HQ, there are gas BBQs and a camp kitchen for an feed for those who are interested
- for those who stay till Monday: - we might plan another afternoon ride - evening BBQ together - "left overs" breakfast @ HQ
- Ride: leaving Halls Gap 9.30am for a big group ride - first stop at the Giant Koala / Dadswells Bridge to regroup, then offering two options
1. The Mountain Ride (approx. 110km from base to finish), maps and details will be provided with Rally Pack - heads west through the mountains via Rose Gap Road and winds back via Mt Victory Rd. - short in kilometre distance but very twisty roads and lots of sightseeing opportunities on the way - the ride will be done "Gypsy Style" to accommodate different engine capacities and riding skill levels (all details like maps, instructions and meeting points etc will be provided in the Rally Pack) - we will offer a mentor/matching service: having experienced volunteers to lead groups of not so experienced riders to master the ride with confidence - photo opportunities and places of interest will be explained ahead and marked on maps. - no group lunch destination is planned on this route, given the number of participants and differences in riding times. We will give information on lunch stop options in the Rally Pack and will advise these places for possible influx of customers. - Main petrol station is in Halls Gap. Starting the 110km ride with a full tank is expected. There is a small petrol station on the west side of the mountains for emergency top ups - it will be marked on the maps. - only sealed roads are chosen for this ride.
2. Into the Wimmera (to be confirmed) The Vespa Club of Melbourne has offered to organise an alternative ride into the Wimmera, away from the mountains. This would be ideal for those riders with less experience in twisty and steep roads - leading into more open area with also beautiful sights to see. A visit to the Murtoa Stack shed, Art Silos and a group lunch are on the list for this ride. We would separate at the Giant Koala - and meet again at 5pm at the Cultural Centre in Halls Gap. This ride is not yet confirmed, but we are confident that we get all the details in line to be able to delegate this ride to the VCM and give you a great alternative for the day. Details TBA.
Evening: 5pm We will be welcome as a group to Brambuk Cultural Centre the centre will stay open exclusively for us and we will and have the opportunity to watch a video show about the local history and culture
6pm Early dinner (included in Rally Pack) - informal BBQ and buffet style (with bush tucker samples)
7.30pm Welcome by the team and prize giving for ride-related trophies etc.
We will finish the official part at approx. 8pm, giving all participants the opportunity to choose their preferred evening entertainment. The organisers will head back to HQ for informal get-together around the camp fire.